On 3rd April 2019, the Woodall Nicholson Group, based in Westhoughton, Bolton UK, exclusively acquired the intellectual property, trademarks and strategic assets of the former Binz GmbH & Co. KG and BINZ Holding B.V.
Binz funeral vehicles were a market leader in creating, building and selling hearses and limousines in mainland Europe.
Woodall Nicholson are delighted to add this capability to its existing business, Coleman Milne, a market leader within the same sector for UK and Ireland.
The deal will witness the growth of the Woodall Nicholson funeral car business, with the expansion of its ceremonial vehicles business across Europe and the Middle East, offering the complete range of vehicles under both the Binz and Coleman Milne names, on Mercedes, Ford and Tesla platforms.
Woodall Nicholson Chief Executive Officer, Frank Barrett commented;
“We are very proud to add the Binz range of vehicles to our portfolio. The acquisition presents significant growth opportunities for the Group, making Woodall Nicholson a truly international player in the design, manufacture and supply of ceremonial vehicles through our Coleman Milne and Binz brands and products. We will continue to maintain our focus on technology, quality, delivery and customer satisfaction and we are ready to immediately support the customers of the former Binz business”.
Representatives from Woodall Nicholson Group will be in contact with key customers and suppliers in due course to provide them with further information, key contacts and clarity in areas of product support, product availability and technical assistance.
This deal will complement the substantial growth already achieved and underpin the future growth aspirations of the Woodall Nicholson Group which has gone from strength to strength since Woodall Nicholson was acquired by its current investors in July 2013.
The Woodall Nicholson Group:
- Based in the North West of England, UK.
- Projected turnover in 2019 more than c.£80 million with around 400 employees
- The Five “Market Focused” design and manufacturing divisions of the group will now include:
- Coleman Milne – UK’s Market leader in ceremonial vehicles to the funeral sector
- Binz – European and Middle East supplier of ceremonial vehicles
- Mellor – Market Leader in innovative, efficient, accessible and sustainable small Bus and electric bus solutions.
- Treka Bus – Specialists in the design, development and manufacture of wheelchair accessible minibuses
- CM Specialist Vehicle Division – A market leading vehicle conversion specialist and manufacturer in the blue light emergency services sector
Woodall Nicholson is a privately owned by a group of like-minded shareholders who share a passion for providing best in class technological vehicle solutions for its expanding customer base.
For further information and press enquiries please contact:
Rachael Buckley on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01942 815600